Our immediate need is an experienced computer engineer who can help manage and administer our email system safely, efficiently and securely every day.
Multiple projects will be developed each year and the desire and ability to learn new skills quickly is required. Primary task in first year is enhancing software that is used internally for testing and evaluation. This involves acquiring data from medical equipment and creating application interfaces to display combined data for the user. Existing systems are written in Java and executed on an Android Tablet or in C# running in windows. Opportunities also exist for enhancing phone apps that exist on both the Apple and Google app stores. The position will also be responsible for configuring and deploying new hardware and creating weekly summary reports regarding usage of the system in the field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering; experience in both a plus
- 1-2 years of software development experience with willingness to perform a variety of basic IT related tasks as assigned
Self-starter, independent worker able to work in inter-disciplinary teams of engineers, scientists, and clinicians.
- Quality-based software design, using industry standard source/revision control with clear/concise engineering documentation (Medical device experience preferred)
- Hardware/software validation experience
- Familiarity with both MAC and Windows platforms
- Experience with laptop, phone system, email, network security and supporting both employees and the organization to maximize their productivity; technology that enables work
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills
- Real time operating systems
- Experience with Mobile Platforms (iOS/Android) and Bluetooth LE
- Knowledge of Python and data visualization, report management
- Ability to work across operations and business development teams
- Willingness to support other tasks as needed for a small start up
- Ability to work well within a team
- Strong communication skills