The ID-Cap™ System
The ID-Capsule is a standard hard gelatin capsule with an embedded ingestible wireless sensor – the ID-Tag™. Each time an ID-Capsule is swallowed, the ID-Tag uses etectRx’s proprietary communications technology to transmit a very low power digital message from within the patient’s stomach.
- Patient friendly – It looks, tastes and feels just like an ordinary capsule.
- Communicates every dose – Communication between the ID-Tag and the Reader results in every ingestion being detected. The ID-Tag communications technology has demonstrated high reliability in multiple clinical studies.
- Self-powered – The ID-Tag is powered by the patient’s own stomach fluids.
- Leaves no trace – After the capsule dissolves, the ultra-thin, flexible sensor is naturally eliminated through the patient’s GI tract.
The Reader is a wearable device that detects messages transmitted from ingested ID-Tags and forwards them using Bluetooth technology to the ID-Cap App on the patient’s smartphone.
- Simple to use – Easy to wear and remove. Just put it on and go.
- Battery powered –Place the Reader on the wireless charging pad to recharge.
- Flexible – Can be taken off between doses.
- Comfortable – Small and lightweight, does not require adhesives or direct contact with the skin to receive messages from the ID-Tag.
The ID-Cap App relays the messages received by the Reader to the cloud-based secure server. It allows patients to view ingestion events as they occur and displays ingestion event history.
- Ingestion history – The app displays ingestion event history for the patient.
- System status – The application displays battery status and reminders to recharge the Reader.
The ID-Cap Dashboard completes the information flow that starts with the ingestion of the ID-Cap and provides the clinician or pharmacist with a total view of their patients’ ingestion events.
- Individual patient management – Enables clinician to view, track, and trend patient ingestion events in real time.
- Population health analytics – Allows for efficient analysis of ingestion events across large groups of patients using the ID-Cap System.
- Clinical trial support – Allows for real-time monitoring of critical ingestion event data from clinical trial participants.